N&W Top Ten Favorite Health Tips
Okay, we'll call them "healthish" tips.
10. Get a massage: stressed from work or school? Getting spring fever? Treat yourself to a massage to relax and
rejuvenate. Don’t forget to drink lots of water afterwards.
9. Take a Bicycle Ride: Not only can bicycle riding be an intense cardio workout, it can also be leisurely and fun!
8. Eat Asparagus: it’s a super food, full of vitamins and is thought to prevent cancer. When it’s prepared well,
it is delicious! Since spring is here, use the BBQ for a yummy asparagus recipe. I know it’s hard to eat healthy
and find foods full of nutrition, but picking one thing (that you might like!) and eating it consistently is
beneficial to your health.
7. BBQ with friends & family: spending quality time with family and friends contributes to a happy, healthy
lifestyle. Take advantage of the [hopefully] good weather to spend time barbequing and visiting.
6. Go to Farmer’s Markets: most likely, there is one near you. Check it out. Not only is the food local and fresh,
getting outside is great too.
5. Spring Sporting Events: who says a “healthy lifestyle” has to be all exercise & veggies? Attend a local or
professional sporting event: anything from baseball to tennis to golf.
4. Give to charity: since this post is in honor of World Health Day, I wanted to mention the importance of
others’ health. Think about giving to a charity that supports feeding the hungry or providing clean
water and healthcare to those in third world countries.
3. Eat breakfast: it really is the most important meal of the day. Personally, I notice a difference in how I feel
on the days I don’t eat breakfast. Grab a cereal bar to go if you must. If you have time, make a spinach
omelet for a breakfast full of protein, fiber, and vitamins.
2. Preventative Services: maintain your health by getting a yearly checkup. Since the Affordable Care Act
was made law, these services are included in your individual and group health plans.
1. Walking: get out in that beautiful spring weather to get your heart rate up a little. Taking a leisurely walk is the
perfect way to connect with a significant other, children, or a friend and get some fresh air at the same time.
It’s also wonderful “practice” for Relay for Life. In Paradise, the Relay is in June, so we are starting to gear
up for it at Nevin and Witt!